October 01, 2021
No one likes it when retailers start pushing holiday shopping too early. People like to enjoy the holiday season at the appropriate time. Its a special time of year - from spending time with family to making new memories. As you may have noticed, Amazon kicked off Black Friday deals in early October. Other retailers have also started pushing holiday sales. Burt's Bees is already running Christmas TV commercials.
Why is this happening? Both supply chain issues and inflation are playing a role. While that could be an entire blog post on its own, we're going to focus on why shopping early isn't a bad thing.
1. Get what you want. 40% of container ships trying to enter US ports are delayed. That means inventory at retailers is going to be lower than normal. Inventory they planned on having in store by now for the holiday season is severely delayed. You're probably already noticing this at the grocery store and some retailers. To ensure you have a good selection – shop early.
2. There may be less sales. If retailers have less to sell, they're not going to have crazy sales to move inventory. They have the advantage, because people have to buy gifts. So instead of waiting for the sales, shop now.
3. Save time. If you start shopping now, you'll have more time to enjoy all the Holiday activities, like attending parties, ice skating and visits with family. There will be a lot less stress. You can still get in the Christmas spirit by waiting until December to wrap your gifts. Get some hot cocoa, put on some holiday tunes and have some fun!
4. Avoid the crowds and shopping mayhem. Everyone has a shorter fuse nowadays. We're all stressed out and weary from another tough year. You better believe the mall is going to look ugly in December, with frustrated shoppers trying to find the perfect gift. If you get it done early, you'll have more free time and less stress down the road.
5. Shop brick and mortar. Part of the supply chain problem is the lack of truck drivers. This means shipping will most certainly be backed up and delayed this year. In 2019 and 2020 there were some major delays and this year is most certainly going to be worse. So if you usually do all your shopping online a few weeks before the holidays, you may want a new strategy. Save money on shipping and avoid the stress of tracking packages. Go the old fashioned route and visit brick and mortar stores. Enjoy exploring and getting out an about. Make a day of it with a friend. Plus you'd be supporting a locally owned store. While the big box stores have done well through the past year and half, the little stores have suffered. Shop local and make a difference.
You can rest assured that Easton Outdoor Company is fully stocked for the holidays. We carry everything from camping and hiking gear, footwear, hats, gloves, scarves, stylish shirts and tops, back packs, hammocks and more! We truly have something for everybody - whether they are an outdoors enthusiast or not. We carry the top brands: Northface, Deuter, Mammut, Osprey, Salomon, Patagonia, Vasque, Marmot, Royal Robbins and more! And of course we sell gift cards.
Hope to see you soon!